Dear Prospective Parent,
Thank you for your interest in applying to Del Mar Pines School. The admissions process helps determine whether Del Mar Pines will be a good fit for your child. Our objective is to select students who are socially, emotionally and scholastically prepared for our academic, nurturing program. The process for admission at Del Mar Pines School is as follows:
- Complete the Application for Enrollment and return it with a $50 non-refundable applications fee.
- For students attending kindergarten or first grade, give the Admission Teacher Rec K-1 form to your child’s current teacher, who should complete and mail/fax it directly to Del Mar Pines School.
- For students attending second up to sixth grade, give the Admission Teacher Rec 2-6 form to your child’s current teacher, who should complete and mail/fax it directly to Del Mar Pines School.
- Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis until the class is filled. Prospective students whose forms are received after the class is filled will be evaluated if an opening occurs.
- After receiving all completed forms, we will contact you to schedule an evaluation with you and your child. During this meeting, your child will interact with me in a variety of evaluative activities and tour the campus. At the same time, you will have an opportunity to interview with an admissions team member and ask any questions you may have about Del Mar Pines School. After your child has finished his/her evaluation, I will review your child’s results with you. There is a non-refundable $150 fee for this evaluation process.
At Del Mar Pines School, we schedule evaluations starting in December and continue until the class is filled. Priority acceptance letters are sent in February. If spaces are filled before all qualified candidates are selected, a waiting list is established. Due to occasional family relocation, a few children may be accepted from the waiting list between May and August.
Please do not hesitate to contact the office if you have any questions. I look forward to working with your family and ensuring a positive and enjoyable admissions experience.
We would love to hear from you! Our hours are as follows:
School hours: 8:30: 3:05
After care: 3:05 – 5:30
Office hours: 8:00 – 4:00
School hours 9:00 – 2:30
Office hours 8:30 – 3:00