Schedule: Monday through Thursday | 9:00 am - 12:00 noon
Session: Session 1 or Session 2
For over three decades, hundreds of students have become outstanding readers, writers, spellers, and thinkers using the comprehensive Del Mar Pines learning system. For the twenty-sixth year, this popular program is available to students who do not currently attend Del Mar Pines School.
Students will discover the joys of literature while learning proven academic formulas for synthesizing ideas and committing them to paper. There is a parent-teacher conference at the end of the program. This is an intensive course with some homework.
- Analysis of theme, result, characters, setting and plot
- Proven step-by-step system
- Small discussion groups
- Vocabulary development
- Total recall comprehension questions
- Story guides as a focus for silent reading
- Plot development papers
- “Mind maps” and “Story webbing”