Del Mar Pines School is a private elementary school offering a stimulating curriculum and a supportive environment to ensure our students experience success every day. We focus on scholastic development, personal growth, and ethical enrichment. The result: students who are independent and confident, inquisitive and enthusiastic, responsible and compassionate.
We believe the elementary school years are the most formative of a child’s life. These early years can breed intellectual apathy or curiosity to seek knowledge. A time marked by creative, social, and emotional development, and characterized by a lifelong love of learning and the joys of new, diverse friendships.
Del Mar Pines School was founded in 1978 to provide students with excellent academic programs and a nurturing environment with close student-teacher relationships. Del Mar Pines School prepares students for success both personally and academically.
What Makes Del Mar Pines School Special?
- Exceptional Teachers – Personal connections/relationships
- Educating the whole child
- Small instructional groups in math and language arts
- Nurturing/safe environment – physically and emotionally
- Focus on good citizenship
- Character education/school values
- Weekly instruction in music, art, Spanish, PE, technology, hands-on science, library
- Curriculum Alignment across grades
- Many Special Events – Fine Arts Day, Science Discovery Day, Living Museum in 5th grade, Read Across America, field trips, assemblies, etc.
- Public Speaking opportunities in all grades/Speech Masters program in upper grades
- School Psychologist whole-class programs for upper grades
- Buddy programs
- Class Musicals and Spring Sing
- Graduates prepared for success in middle schools and beyond
After School Enrichment Classes
Students may also sign up for a variety of after school enrichment classes. These exciting offerings change regularly, and are hosted by skilled instructors who come to Del Mar Pines solely for this purpose. From chess and etiquette to art and hands-on science, all are designed to captivate students by appealing to their intellectual curiosity and sense of camaraderie.
Summer Discoveries Day Camp
Del Mar Pines’ Summer Program is one of the area’s most coveted. For the past 24 years, it has facilitated the academic process while teaching students that learning can be fun. Classes focus on both personal and academic enrichment – allowing children to develop and refine basic skills while expanding their horizons through creativity and innovation.
Del Mar Pines realizes that the expertise of its teachers and administrators must be augmented with other critical specialties. Affiliated professionals include a licensed family and child counselor, and a professional speech and language pathologist. The latter is available to assist students with verbal interaction and communications challenges, while the former conducts programs on drug and alcohol awareness, interpersonal relations, respect and individual responsibility issues.